22 March, 2007

Verduzzo Friulano Delle Venezie I.G.T. 2005-Giorgio Rigonat

It must have been the 1st of February 2007. After a very interesting day of visiting WWI and WWII monuments, the hunt for a proper Enoteca became our mission. Unfortunatelly we didn't succeed in finding one and ended up at Azienda Agricola Rigonat in Ruda. This was a gift from God, as otherwise I would not have been introduced to the Verduzzo Friulano !

This sweet and dark yellow coloured wine with an everlasting fruity after taste is harvested very ripe from the eastern area of Friuli where the climate on the hills favours grape growing. I was in heaven when I drank a glass in the lovely Rigonat shop. In this shop you can also bring your own watertank and have it re-filled for a mere 1.80 per liter ! Too bad I only brought 2 bottles with me, but soon I will be supplied with new stock (grazie a Fam. Scarazzato !). For me this is a definite 3 peppers wine, as the price-quality value is outstanding.

Wine: Verduzzo Friulano delle Venezie I.G.T. 2005
Grape: Verduzzo Friulano
Region: Friuli Venezia Giulia-Colli Orientali del Friuli, Ruda
Producer: Giorgio Rigonat
Price: € 3.50
Available at:
Azienda Agricola Rigonat, Ruda-Italia
Rating: 3 peppers

No comments: