13 March, 2007

Lois Grüner Veltliner Kamptal Qualitätswein 2006-Fred Loimer

When I think of Austria, I think of Mozart, Schnitzels, Chocolate, Dutch people dancing on Frans Bauer music during their ski holidays and beautiful palaces. But there is of course more and I just found out they have excellent white wine...Today, I was walking through my local wineshop to find a good French Chardonnay and couldn't make my mind up so I asked the owner if he could recommend me something. After showing me a few expensive bottles, he ended the tour with an Austrian Grüner Veltliner. For € 9,50 it was worth a try, I thought. And man, it turned out this was an excellent choice ! The screwcap has the Austrian flag on it and the simplicity of the bottle is very inviting. Lois is fresh, juicy and has a fruity aroma. In other reviews they are even mentioning a pepper tone, but maybe I need to have more experience to taste this. It doesn't matter anyway, this one deserves 3 peppers. I think this will be an ideal drink to accompany asian dishes or just as a thirst quencher.

Wine: Lois Grüner Veltliner Kamptal Qualitätswein 2006
Grape: Gruner Veltliner
Producer:
Fred Loimer
Price: € 9.50
Available at:
De Gouden Ton
Rating: 3 peppers

No comments: